Sunday, August 5, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: The Fallen Star (Fallen Star #1) by Jessica Sorensen

Publication Date: April 11, 2011
Book Description (Goodreads):
For eighteen year-old Gemma, life has never been normal. Up until recently, she has been incapable of feeling emotion. And when she's around Alex, the gorgeous new guy at school, she can feel electricity that makes her skin buzz. Not to mention the monsters that haunt her nightmares have crossed over into real-life. But with Alex seeming to hate her and secrets popping up everywhere, Gemma's life is turning into a chaotic mess. Things that shouldn't be real suddenly seem to exist. And as her world falls apart, figuring out the secrets of her past becomes a matter of life and death.

__________________________________________


Rating: 


Book Review: *spoilers alert*


I hesitated reading this one because of the mixed reviews I have read. So, I just gave it a shot.

Having read one-third of the book, I was all confused and getting impatient to when will they reveal her true identity. And then when her identity was revealed, other supernatural things have entered the picture which makes me think if the book was some kind of a joke because I laughed. No kidding. You'll know why as you read my review.

Let's go first to the POSITIVE sides of the book. It has a unique concept,the fallen star,that's just about it though. 

Main Characters: For Gemma, I understand that she should be the vulnerable one, cries alot and needs to be saved. She just learned how to feel emotions and it's all new to her so that's acceptable for me. For Alex, I think there was lack of description of him so I just picture him as someone who's good looking and a jerk. A jerk because he fights alot with Gemma which was entertaining and at the same time tiring to read. Then there's Laylen, the vampire. Oh yes, a vampire. When I read the part where he's a vampire, I really laughed. I definitely wasn't expecting that one. I almost gave up reading but the mysteries kept me interested and eager to finish the book. 

It's still a fun read despite some sloppiness on how it was written. If you're really  fan of paranormal books, you can give this a chance. It's just the book one so I'm looking forward reading the sequels. 

1 comment:

  1. This was the best story I have ever head but Alex needs to get his but in gear or I'm going to cry.
    Carpet Repair Seattle website

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be shy. You can say whatever you want to make my blog better. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks very much!