Saturday, November 17, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Reflected in You by Sylvia Day (Crossfire #2)

Publication Date: October 2, 2012
Synopsis (Goodreads):
Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn’t stay away. I didn’t want to. He was my addiction… my every desire… mine.


My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful… except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession…

______________________________

Review:
Here's the thing. I really liked the first book of the series so I was so excited to read the sequel. And after reading it, I was speechless! Sorry to say, but I'm speechless in a not so good way. I'm one of the few who didn't like this book as much as the first one.

If you have read the first one already, you'll know that both Gideon and Eva have their own dark pasts. So their relationship- physical and emotional- is complicated. I was expecting that for this second book, I will be enlightened more on their past especially Gideon's. To tell you the truth, I expected A LOT from the book and it's my mistake for doing that.

I was totally disappointed. :( 

If it's about the sex and hot scenes, there's definitely a bunch of them. It's an erotica book so that's a given. But I would have appreciated it more if it was focused more on the storyline rather than the sex parts. It was a bit lacking for me. I don't know how to explain but I weren't satisfied with how it was written and on how the story flowed. The push and pull relationship they have is quite tiring. I really want to like the book but there's just too much was going on. 

Maybe the saving grace of the book was the last parts when I finally understood what was happening. Other positive side that I like is that both characters were able to grow a little bit although I won't even notice that, if it wasn't mentioned in the book.

If you ask me if I would read the third book,my answer is YES! I still want to know the real story behind Gideon's personality and I want to believe it'll get better. But this book definitely tuned down my excitement for the next one. 

Recommended? Not really. 
If you read the first book and liked it, maybe you should read this book and see it for yourself.


Rating:
SORRY. NO GOOD for me.


Memorable Quotes:

"Sometimes love isn't enough. And if it's not enough, what good is it?"

Gideon: "Where do we go from here?"
Eva: "Wherever this takes us. Together."

2 comments:

  1. I always thought these romance eroticas that were coming out were so slow and bad..I'm definitely not going to waste my time on this one. Eeps! Thanks for the honest review, you helped me in my final decision for this.

    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be shy. You can say whatever you want to make my blog better. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks very much!