Wednesday, August 21, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

Publication Date: February 12, 2013
Synopsis:
Four years after losing her parents, best friend, and boyfriend in a drunk driving accident, twenty-year-old Kacey Cleary runs away to begin a new life in Miami. Hardened by the tragedy, she's determined to keep everyone at a distance—until she meets an irresistible and mysterious neighbor who is determined to melt the ice over her heart.











______________________________


Review:


This is a book about a broken soul named Kasey who experienced a tragic accident involving his parents, bestfriend and boyfriend. It’s been four years since the accident but she’s still suffering every night because of her nightmares. She travels with her sister to Miami to start anew. There, they meet Storm, their neighbor who’s a bartender with her cute daughter Mia. She also meets another neighbor who makes her heart flutter. Trent.

I know that I’m a sucker for this kind of story. I like to torture myself in reading books with characters that have painful pasts. And everytime, I can’t help but empathize with them. I liked that this is a fast- paced, easy to read book. And I love all of the characters.

Kasey is such a stubborn gal. I can understand her tough persona because of her shattered past. But with the tough shell she has, inside, she can be soft and loving. She’s protective of her sister and she thinks more for her sister rather than herself.

Livie, Kasey’s sister whose five years younger is the kinder and more mature one. She likes taking care of people and she’s smart.

Trent is a mystery to me since he came out. I like the mysterious vibe his character reflects. His relationship with Kasey has been awkward since the first time they had a conversation. It was fun to read how their relationship turned out.

This book also has its twist but I honestly figured it all out even before it was revealed. Anyway, I still like the effort to make this book more interesting.


All in all, I had fun with it so give this a try! 



Rating:


Memorable Quotes:

"Isn't it exhausting?"
"What?"
"Keeping people out." 

“Out past isn't who we are. I'm me and you're you and that's who we need to be.


“No human can bury their past indefinitely. It’s only a matter of time before you crack.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy. You can say whatever you want to make my blog better. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks very much!