Wednesday, March 20, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski (The Edge of Never #1)

Publication Date: November 15, 2012
Synopsis (Goodreads):
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.

Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?



______________________________

Review:


So here's the thing. I only have 3 hours of sleep and I decided to read just to tire my eyes out but instead of sleeping, I read and finished the book in no time! I was expecting that the book will give me an emotional ride but I didn't expect that I'll be shedding some tears from reading it. 

Okay. My book boyfriends are officially piling up! Another one to add is Andrew. I love how he can be effortlessly funny and endearing. I love his 'dirty mouth' and his wittiness. He's not afraid to LIVE his life and with that, he taught Cam to live hers.

I was pleasantly surprised with Cam. I've been expecting her to be innocent but it seems that's not the case. She's been having a lot of issues in her life that she decided to hit the road, take a bus and go nowhere. With that, she meets Andrew.

At first I think the storyline is far from happening in reality because Cam is an underage girl who decided to take on a roadtrip and her parents weren't even worried of her. I know, I know, her parents are negligent. I just can't help but compare it in our culture. If I were in her case, my parents will probably be hysterical if they haven't heard from me for 24 hours. Oh well. On second thought, maybe this kind of thing may happen in real life that I just don't know. 

I have to say the steamy scenes are just..wow!Love them! 

The book made me laugh and cry hard. SO if you want some good contemporary about taking a road to life and living in the now, this book s for you! Highly recommended!

Rating:


Memorable Quotes:

“Heart always wins out over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and a masochist all on its own, always gets its way.” 

“Just because one person's problem is less traumatic than another's doesn't mean they're required to hurt less” 

“I hate to say it, but shit really does happen. You just have to get over it. Beat the hell out of it by doing things that make you happy.” 

“I don’t think you ever really fall out of love with someone. I think when you fall in love, like true love, it’s love for life. All the rest is just experience and delusions.” 



_____________________________


Fifth book for



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy. You can say whatever you want to make my blog better. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks very much!