Tuesday, February 5, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Everneath by Brodi Ashton (Everneath #1)

Publication Date: February 2, 2012
Synopsis (Goodreads):
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she’s returned—to her old life, her family, her friends—before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever. 

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can’t find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there’s a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he’ll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki’s time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she’s forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole’s...




______________________________

Review:


I've been wanting to read the book since it came out but it wasn't available in any bookstore here in our country until recently. So I didn't hesitate to buy it immediately!

One of the reasons why I wanted to read it is because of the plot. I'm not really a fan of mythology and we didn't discuss it when I was still in school but the book is too intriguing I can't keep away from it.

For those who don't know much of mythological stories, like me, don't be scared that you won't understand the book. One thing that I love is that the basis of the story was explained throughout the book so I wasn't confused at all.

When I started reading the book, it's so hard to put the book down! I was instantly hooked that I can't do anything other than reading. There are times when I have no choice but to stop reading and then I start thinking about what's going to happen next and so on. I was too distracted and useless. LOL

Nicole came back from Everneath. She came back for Jack, the love of her life. But will she able to get the life she left behind?

Nicole is one of those main characters that I love and hate. I love her for being true to herself. I hate that she made some bad decisions and because of that, she hurt Jack and other people she loves by abandoning her life. As the story went on, I understood where she came from and why she made those bad decisions. Anyway, we won't have a story if she didn't made those decisions so it's okay. Haha.

Jack is one of the best guy characters I've ever encountered. He's so great I want him to be real. He's such a sweet guy. Nicole left for 6 months and he experienced different difficulties in life but in the end, he still loves Nicole unconditionally. 




On the other hand, there's Cole. He's a badass but with Nic, he's vulnerable and his mask is easily broken. He's one of the examples of unrequited love who you want to hug and pat in the back.



The narration was good, not confusing at all because there are times when you have to look back in the past.

I should say, Everneath is one of the best books of 2012! There may be tiny bit of flaws on the book but I oversaw those because I truly loved and enjoyed the book! I loved everything about it! 

If you haven't read it yet, get a copy now and read it! You won't regret it,really! I can't wait for Everbound!


Rating:

Memorable Quotes:

"Remembering is easy. It's forgetting that's hard."

“Who loses hope first? And who never gives up? Because it’s not the supernatural abilities that set mythical characters apart. It’s the decisions the human characters make, in impossible situations, that have us still talking about them centuries later. Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with.” 

“You say you hate me, yet, you use me to stop hurting.” 

“If you're gonna leave, I wish you'd just leave. Why do you keep coming back if you're not going to stay? Because even when you're gone, you're never really gone... I won't get over it if you keep coming back. Losing you once was hard enough. And now you're here again and everything's coming back. I'm going to get screwed. And I can't do it again.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy. You can say whatever you want to make my blog better. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks very much!