Thursday, August 23, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout (Lux #2)

Date Published: August 14, 2012
Book Description (Goodreads):
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…



_______________________________


Rating:
I LOVED IT! 
Never ending SPAZZ..

Review:
Jennifer Armentrout is definitely on a roll! I loved Half-blood which I read recently and then this. I love,love,love onyx! I was so excited to read this that I even ditched the book I'm currently reading. Sorry "The Gathering", I'll read you later. Haha!

For this second book of the Lux series, much have changed since Daemon healed Katy. There's this connection between them that can't be denied. 

Daemon, oh Daemon.. Can you be mine?(sigh..) 
He's still the gorgeous, hottttt (a single T won't be enough to describe how hot he is), overprotective, jerk and sweet alien. Yes, you read that right. He's very determined to convince Katy that it's not the connection  that makes them feel something for each other but something other than that. He does things for her that makes me say "aww". But Katy, still the stubborn one, was indenial of what she feels. She'll get over it eventually. 

Katy has changed physically, the connection thing and some other things but she's still her old blogger self which I love. I can totally relate with the part where she said she has a new book boyfriend. DAEMON. Swoon! Yumtastic! I also love the part where Daemon joined her in making her vlog. So cute! Katy and Daemon's relationship was still the love and hate kind but more steamy scenes. Watch out for that!

There were new characters that have emerged like Blake, the new normal (not so normal) guy who befriended Katy which made Daemon mad, jealous and overprotective of her. He didn't even say his name, just any other B-names like Brad Biff, Bart, etc. He's sp funny.

Then there's the DOD. The issue on Dawson and Bethany's death/disappearance was not yet solved and new development have had happened. Katy saw Bethany alive and Daemon was determined to find out if his brother is still alive.

This book was action-packed and with full of emotions- love, hate, thrilling, happiness and sadness. You will surely love this!

Quotes:
"Words were the most powerful tool. Simple and so often underestimated. They could heal. They could destroy. And I needed to use my words now." - Katy

"Some things are best left unknown, you know? People search for answers and they don't always like what they get. Sometimes the truth is worse than a lie."  -  Matthew

"Because I know what I feel in here. And I'm not the type of person to run from anything, no matter how hard it is. I'd rather face-plant against a brick wall than live for the rest of my life wondering what could've been. And you know what? I didn't think you were that type to run, either. Maybe I was wrong." - Daemon

"This whole time, I'd been so busy pusing him away, telling him watever was between us wasn't real. And now I'd realized the depth of what he felt for me- what I felt for him- he was gone." - Katy

"It was hard to stick to my resolve of not caving to the ridiculous notion of us being together when he was actually..nice, and when he stared at me like I was the last piece of chocolate in the whole world." - Katy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy. You can say whatever you want to make my blog better. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks very much!