Monday, July 8, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: This Girl by Colleen Hoover

Publication Date: April 13, 2013
Synopsis:
Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from hispoint of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.




______________________________

Review:


I’m a big fan of Colleen Hoover especially the slammed series. So when I heard that there will be a third book in Will’s POV, I was so thrilled!

The book contains Will and Lake’s honeymoon and a bunch of flashbacks, some of them are not in the first and second book. I loved how it was narrated. Although there were a lot of flashbacks, I wasn’t confused at all.

I really love all the characters of the series. Having Will’s POV made me love him even more. What made me love the series is the flawless way Colleen writes. The love the poetry and emotions the book reflects.

Reading this book, I realized how Lake and Will changed and matured with the help of Julia, Lake’s mom. She’s a wonderful woman and I’m in awe of her. She’s a very cool mom. She always knows what to say. She left some small notes of advice and gifts that are overwhelming it makes me want to cry.

I can’t think of anything more to say. I JUST LOVE IT!  


Rating:
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!


Memorable Quotes:

“I wish I could explain how I feel, but nothing can explain this moment. Not a vase of stars. Not a book. Not a song. Not even a poem. Nothing can explain the moment when the woman you would give your life for sees her daughter for the very first time.” 


“I just wanna make sure that you don't miss out on the things in life that are happening when you're not thinking. Because believe me, those are the best things in life.” 

“I want to be your soulmate, even if I don't believe in them.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy. You can say whatever you want to make my blog better. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks very much!