Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#11)


“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is:

Title: Antigoddess
Author: Kendare Blake
Expected Publication: September 10, 2013
Synopsis:
Old Gods never die…

Or so Athena thought. But then the feathers started sprouting beneath her skin, invading her lungs like a strange cancer, and Hermes showed up with a fever eating away his flesh. So much for living a quiet eternity in perpetual health.

Desperately seeking the cause of their slow, miserable deaths, Athena and Hermes travel the world, gathering allies and discovering enemies both new and old. Their search leads them to Cassandra—an ordinary girl who was once an extraordinary prophetess, protected and loved by a god.

These days, Cassandra doesn’t involve herself in the business of gods—in fact, she doesn’t even know they exist. But she could be the key in a war that is only just beginning.

Because Hera, the queen of the gods, has aligned herself with other of the ancient Olympians, who are killing off rivals in an attempt to prolong their own lives. But these anti-gods have become corrupted in their desperation to survive, horrific caricatures of their former glory. Athena will need every advantage she can get, because immortals don’t just flicker out.

Every one of them dies in their own way. Some choke on feathers. Others become monsters. All of them rage against their last breath.

The Goddess War is about to begin.


Thoughts:
I'm currently reading Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake and so far,so good. Her new book is getting a lot of buzz since it was first reveled. I must say, I love the cover! It's simple compared to her earlier series, but it shows a representation and has an important meaning. The blurb is too long but very interesting. I can't wait to read this too!

How about you? What's your Waiting on Wednesday? Link me.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this. Thanks for introducing me to it and for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this so much today but who can blame all of you for choosing such an awesome sounding book!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Anna Dressed in blood so I think I'll enjoy this book.

    - Sam @ Falling Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of her books yet, but this sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendare's books are so amazing. Her Anna series is definitely one of my favorites, so now that it's over I'm definitely excited for something new from her!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be shy. You can say whatever you want to make my blog better. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks very much!